Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Small floral journal



I love papers; the patterns, textures, colors that are out there enthrall me! I mentioned awhile back that I'm trying to find items to make for sale that are less time consuming than the cards and stamped journals I have been making. California Paper Goods had some amazing really, really thick floral papers, and so I am making simple, smaller journals that have no stamping at all; the paper is so perfect it needs no altering! I glued a strip of cardstock down the side that was punched for added strength. For the back, as always, I put wallpaper, with some thin floral paper on the inside. I attached the closure ribbon (as well as the bookmark ribbon) between the cardstock and floral paper, because I thought it would get ruined if I had it wrap around the back of the journal. The little circle is made from the same floral paper I put in the back of the journal. I glued two circles of it to two circles of carstock, then sandwiched the ribbon in between. I spread some matte Perfect Paper Adhesive to protect it.

I sized the covers so that I could fill it with quarter sheets from 8.5 x 11 cardstock. I cut the cardstock in half, than divided it further in half by using decorative scissors.

1 comment:

Trish D said...

This is lovely, and I'm thinking these would sell well. I really like the ribbon bookmark!