Saturday, August 2, 2008

You never know...



...when something you would never use ... becomes useful! A friend asked me to make a journal for her future daughter in law.


"What does she like?" I asked.


"Well, she likes the color blue, and she's really into fairies."


I told her I did not have anything with fairies, which was fine with her, but I could at least do something in blue. (Not being at all into fantasy type images, I didn't want to buy anything either). Then, hurrah, I remembered I had a set of papers that happened to have fairies! I'd never used those particular sheets, and never expected I would, at least not the part with the fairy images. I was so delighted to be able to please my friend and get rid of the fairies! I used my flourish stamps in blue to enhance that color (barely present in the paper), and to bring it together with the flourish wallpaper that I covered the front with before adding the paper.
For the inside cover, I stamped the flourishes on purple, then cut out a fairy, a flower, and a design element from the paper that looked like a bookplate.

No comments: