Saturday, July 21, 2012

Praying without words



I'm posting today from Eureka, with a card I am sharing also on Stamping Sisters in Christ.  I hadn't thought I would have time to make a card this weekend as we were planning to do a bonfire last night with a bunch of friends, so I expected to be catching up on everything else today I hadn't done while preparing for it.  However, a friend mentioned to me that  our town has a burn ban right now, so, no bonfire.  We had a surprise visit from our daugther and two friends, however, so it was still a wonderful night!

The Stamping Sister's in Christ challenge was simply to add some sparkle.  So I decided to get out my glitter -- something I have done maybe three times in ten years, lol, I'm not much of a glitter fan!  But I had fun with this card ... especially when I realized that two of the glitter sheets I owned - and have not used at all in the five or more years I have owned them -- were perfect matches for the glitters I had already chosen before remembering the glitter sheets existed!   I found it while looking for background paper, where I also unexpectedly found the cool copper material (not exactly cardstock, but not orinary paper).  All in all, I was satisfied with my simple card.

The first card I made with glitter was a waste; the glitter clung to the embossed image of clear on black, which is what my first desire was for the image.  I then tried the copper, and after embossing, decided to let it sit for a much longer time than I had the clear.  The very time I embossed, I had done clear embossing with black powder, and decided to see if gel pens would give the glitter look I sought.   It didn't, but I liked it, and while the copper cooled, I finished the second card.  My photographing job does not show the beautiful emerald green of the unique, foil-like background paper, and the glitter pens worked much nicer than you see here.  Still, I wanted to include it just because it's a very different look than the other card, despite the near identical layouts.

When I went to Houghton College in the early eighties, I had a friend who would let me sit behind his piano in one of the music rooms.   He was a composition major, and wrote absolutely beautiful piano pieces.  When he played, despite the fact that he was not singing, the music clearly was centered on the Lord, and I worshipped as I listened.  So although texts like the one of this stamps can sometimes seem trite, I find truth in it.

1 comment:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Sarosa - this is lovely! What a great sentment and all of the sparkle you have added is perfect! Thank you for sharing with us today at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week! We appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team