Sunday, September 2, 2018

Papertrey Ink: Make it Monday: Glitter Inlays

Papertrey ink puts up a challenge every Monday, presenting a new technique each week.  This week's challenge, glitter inlays, drew my interest immediately.  As a rule, I loathe glitter, and only own some because it was given to me.  But I loved the look and the technique.  Simply put, one affixes a die cut to sticker paper and dumps glittr on it, to fill up the gaps.  Check it out!

I am busy making cover elements for a journal making workshop I and a friend of mine are doing at our church in a few weeks (I'd love to receive long distance contributions for anyone who loves to make and give away thir artwork!).  I went a little crazy with Papertrey's Hexagon Die a few weeks ago, using alcohol inks and mica cardstock.  A few years ago, I made all my Christmas cards with it, forming quilt patterns.  So when I saw this week's challenge, I knew what die I would use! Actually, I selected a premade cut from my alcohol inking I mentioned.  I also used repositional adhesive paper in case I wanted to replace any of the hexagons. I will use this for a journal; as you see, the A2 size of the die works perfectly!  I will make sure the sealer worked before actually affixing it to a journal cover, and I will probably create one in pink. 


1 comment:

lexi said...

fun journal cover! i love how paper pieced the flower shapes with the glitter in the rest! thanks for playing make it monday!!