Tuesday, March 3, 2009
I had a very different idea of what I wanted to do for this Salt/faith challenge. I had a stamp with a scripture referring to Jesus' sacrifice, but I couldn't get the song these lyrics are from out of my head, so I finally decided to go with it. I originally wanted to use a transparency, and layer it over a cross image, but the ink would not dry. I tried embossing it, but the powder made a mess, sticking all over the transparency. Then I tried some vellum, and embossed it as it came out of the printer. So far so good. Then I realized that the person who had posted the lyrics I had copied and pasted had misspelled a word, so I couldn't use the vellum after all! Ugh! That's what I get for not proofreading!
Despite all that, I'm happy with what I finally came up with. There's a lot of symbolism in the card that I hope is obvious without being over the top.