Monday, November 30, 2009

Another deadline met & another Swahili card!




Yesterday a guest speaker in our church asked those who worked to stand up. I have been working 60 hour weeks with my card & craft store stuff, but the issue being addressed was the influence we are for Christ on our co-workers, which obviously I don't have, so I didn't stand up, lol! But wow, has it been crazy! In the midst of it, I nearly ran out of double-sided tape (I like to have every card have at least a little, I trust it more than glue for keeping the card together), so was having to ration it until new arrived, and in the midst of waiting, my cutter started making warped and off-angle cuts! Aaaauuuggh!!!! My sister-in-law, Sue, was willing to download a coupon for me and buy a new one (lower quality than what I own, but I was desperately in a hurry), but I still had to wait four days until Thanksgiving when we met to get the cutter! I used the time to switch to making unembellished wallpaper journals, so it wasn't a total loss. I still managed to finish my cardmaking for the college campus store late Saturday night so that my daughter could take them to the college for me when she returned Sunday afternoon. Whew! I was literally working from the moment I got up until I went to bed, taking time out for little else.

The most frustrating thing for me when working up to the last minute, is that, perfectionist that I am, I let a few cards be included that aren't quite to my standards. One layer might be slightly un-centered, or seemed to need one last embellishment or something that I just could not come up with, etc. When I switch out the set, I'll probably remove them for re-work! But, I'm trying to have such a large range of categories and languages, it's hard to meet my goals.
Anyway, here are the other two Swahili cards I made. I still have not found a translator, so I may never make any more. These cards simply say "hello."

No comments: