Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pensées


Another French card. Translation: you are in my thoughts.

I asked my former French professor from Houghton College do my translations for me. I haven't sat under his teaching in over twenty years, but some people you just know will help you if they can. I went through a difficult time my third semester, resulting in my leaving the campus, and I remember his concern for me. College professors are in such an incredible place of influence; I wish parents really understood this when they sent their seemingly independent children off to school. I saw it as a teen, and I certainly see it as a parent and one who has regular contact with other college students. Young people are very, very vulnerable to those men and women who are a huge part of their lives for four years....


No comments: