Thursday, May 10, 2018

PTI Challenge: THROWBACK: MASKING SENTIMENTS

Today's PTI challenge should not have been complicated, but somehow it was.  First, I am trying really hard to use up elements I have saved from project extras, and had a couple of die cuts I knew exactly how I would use to complete the card.  Of course, I could not find them.  Ah, well.

The challenge was to mask a text image, and stamp around it.  I've done lots of masking in the past, and generally it has been masking images for overlap purposes, so I have deliberately undercut images for the mask, so there would be no white spaces.  I realized too late that masking to make an image pop means one should leave some white space for the image to truly stand out.  So, as I have done in the past when I have not been satisfied with the result, I just temporarily glued the panel to a card, and will restamp the text onto a panel and place over the current text.  :-) It was my first time using the floral stamp set from Quilted: Spring, and I really like it.  There are die cuts for the different elements of the image as well.  The scripture comes from the "A Cheerful Heart" set.



No comments: