Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sympathy


This isn't actually a card I'm sending; I'm still working on the one that I want to. But it expresses well where I've been the last couple of days. A woman in our church lost her husband, age 44, to a heart attack this past Thursday. So young, pretty much the age of my husband and me. She's not a close friend, but we've known them for years, as part of our body, and have been blessed to occasionally help with summer services at their campground. With our pastor half way to NYC (a six hour trip) with a team from our church, and others at work or ill, I was the one who went to the hospital when news of the heart attack came to the church. You can imagine no one was expecting him not to make it, being so young. It's so good to know that when one walks into a crisis, the Holy Spirit is there to give all the grace that's needed for the moment. Yesterday was the funeral, the end of the "formal" saying goodbye. Now comes the learning to live it. Thank God for His grace, His peace, His strength.

No comments: