Friday, April 30, 2010

Hymn Card


For pastor appreciation month in October, I am trying to make a set of 10 cards (10 different designs) for my pastor and his wife. This year, I wasn't able to get to it until March! I usually end up just taking some out of the stash of cards I already have made, but I like to have at least a few one-of-a-kind cards designed with one or the other of them in mind. My pastor's wife's favorite hymn is "Like a River Glorious," so each year I do a card with that theme. Last year I actually scanned the entire hymn, shrunk it to 5.25x4 and printed it out on vellum. This year, I just quoted one line of it, using my computer.


The wonderful deer image is the only stamp I have with anything remotely like a river on it. There was a flaw on the bottom of the image, so I had to trim off that edge. I had no time to make another image.

No comments: