Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spanish Birthday card


My daughter, Abigail, is making her first quilted quilt. Before, she's just tied them off. The design she is using inspired me to make this card. When she was trying to decide what to do for a border, she imported my card into Paint Shop and was able to figure out what she wanted to do from that. It was definitely a unique use for one of my cards! :-)

The stripes were very time consuming ... which is why I'll never make a real quilt ... way too much for me! I cut 8.5 inch strips of cardstock and attached them to an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. Then I cut it into quarters, using some for this quilt card. I did this a few months ago, and have played around a bit with my cuttlebug with the remaining strips, but haven't actually finished any other cards yet.

No comments: