Monday, May 31, 2010

Zephaniah 3:17


I posted this scripture on someone's blog today. It's one of those verses that I had never noticed before, but came across it from two different sources within a week. I knew that it meant God wanted me to pay attention, though it captured me the first time I saw it!

Here is the translation:

"The LORD your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."

Why is it so hard to recognize how deeply He loves us? He saves us, he delights in us, He calms our fears - real and imagined, and sing songs to us. Those are not things a careless friend, or unfeeling diety, does for us.

We tend to think like this:
He is mighty to squish us like an insect.
He gets totally disgusted and frustrated with us.
He will wound you with rejection,
He will lambaste you with criticism.

No way.
Never.
Impossible.

Romans 8 says that nothing can separate us from His love. Psalm 139 tells us that we are irrisistible to Him.

He loves us even beyond the cross. Amazing.

NOTE 6/1: I was delighted this morning when I discovered that Our Daily Bread designs just came out with this scripture! It's in English, of course, and I know that many are going to be blessed to receive this scripture on a card! Definitely a stamp I hope to purchase soon!

1 comment:

ampug09 said...

Thank you. I needed that verse today! :)