Welcome to the last stop on the March Eureka Blog Hop! If you are following the Hop, you should have arrived here from Roxie at "Paper Scraper"! If not, but you would like to start at the beginning, hop over to QKR Stampede for the entire hop!
I was having a lot of fun with making this card ... until interrupted for a family emergency that meant flying out of town very last minute, and not arriving back for four days! So, I never got to quite finish "playing" with my ideas. Here is the final card:
I colored the cross with watercolor pencils, then used brilliance teardrop shaped ink pads to make little dashes of color. I made sure the panel was very dry by using my heat gun before I stamped the mosaic and embossed with clear powder. After it cooled, I inked with a light gold Brilliance ink pad, teardrop size, smearing and tapping. Warning: this will use up a lot of ink, but is the easiest way to ensure the ink gets into all the cracks. Somehow, I made several cross panels before actually taking a look at what Eureka text stamps I owned, incorrectly remembering the size and shape of the He is Risen image. So,I'm not completely satisfied with the card; I would have preferred a smaller text. So, the gold does not quite match the gold over the cross; I just wanted to see how the text would look edged in gold, then decided to use it after all, but thought adding more ink might be too much.
Anyway, just for fun, I've put a few more pictures of panels just to give some ideas of what else could be done with these stamps. Be sure to look at Eureka's Easter pages for different text stamps, etc!
This is the original panel I started with, using the Luke 24 backgrounder.
By using such a light color, it ended up just seeming to mix in with the tiles. It did not look bad, but was not what I wanted. So, I stamped the Luke 24:5,6 image embossed in gold. I elected not to use it, but layed it out for viewing. By the way, as nothing is glued together here, I used a large acrylic mount to hold everything in place. A tad blurry, but it works much better than just laying pieces of cardstock on top of each other, and keeps everything in the position one wants.
My husband wanted me to try using a "black gold" ink on the mosaic, so that's what's on this one. I think we both thought it would look more "black." For this one, I embossed on a transparency. I think both this one and the one above would have been better stamped in either black or purple, but at this point, I was out of time for more stamping.
Lastly, I wanted to see what the Luke backgrounder would look like stamped in black over the whole image. It is Resurrection time, after all, so I didn't want the cross the main focus, so I didn't mind covering it. If I were to finish this card, I might do something interesting with the corners, or add ribbon, etc, but would not add further text.
Thank you for stopping by!