Friday, March 9, 2012

For Lo, the Winter is Past...

Welcome to the next stop on the Biblical Impressions blog hop! If you are arriving here from Jessica B.'s blog, then you are at the right place! If not, then head to the QKR Stampede blog for a complete hop order. This month’s theme is SPRING!

The top card better reflects (pun intended!) the clarity of the text, but the lower pictures (sans glare) is a more accurate image of the card.

I love this scripture from Song of Songs, which I embossed in gold on a transparency; it suits a literal interpretation as nicely as a literal one. I made this card in a hurry; we received an emergency phone call that meant an unplanned trip 8 hours out of town with one day's notice, so in my hurry to complete a card in case I didn't return on time to make one (and we didn't, just arrived in time to finish writing the post for this card), I used a background stamp that is not from Biblical Impressions, but one of it's sister companies, Eureka. The stamp is the fern background stamp, and I stamped it several times to cover the background panel.






Thank you for stopping by, now it's on to Jessica S. for the next stop on our hop, while I go see if the kettle on the stove that I forgot was on (until I heard an unhealthy "pop" sound from the kitchen) has been burnt through!

4 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Very pretty card! You may have done it quickly, but you did a beautiful job on it!

Barb said...

Very nice!

Jessica Beare said...

This is just so pretty...very nice job!

Ceal said...

Both are beautiful! TFS