Impression Obsession's current challenge is for a project featuring Easter (or bunnies, but I'm not into those!). Problem: no Easter stamps! In fact, I own only one text stamp from IO, and all others, save one lovely image stamp, are from the amazing and wonderful Cover-a-Card stamps. Anyway, when I saw what the challenge was, I knew it was impossible for me to participate. But evidently the wheels in the back of my mind were turning, because I came up with the idea you see below.
The cross was created by taking the CC148 Diagonal Stripes stamp (Journaling Lines of course would accomplish the same thing) and stamping it with versamark ink, then rotating the cardstock 90 degrees and stamping again, then embossing the image with copper embossing powder. Then I simply cut out a cross image. I used an ancient off-brand of paint cakes to paint the squares. While this was not a wise choice to use with the copper embossing, and I would go another route in the future, I felt the job was adequate (translation: I ran out of time to redo it all!)
I then embossed the CC043 Cover-a-Card Roses and embossed with vanilla embossing powder (unfortunately, the photo makes the roses appear white, not vanilla). I then embossed the image again, with gold embossing powder, then cut out a single rose to affix to the cross, using markers to color.