Saturday, January 23, 2010

Last minute card


I got a call from my husband yesterday shortly after noon that the person we knew who was going to the country of Cuba for a week was leaving that evening. We had thought she was going at the end of the month, and there was enough time to get letters and such up to her before she left. She lives nearly two hours away, and so I had only minutes to put together a card before we left town. I had a second photo printed of Susie's birdhouse, and although it was slightly color-damaged from the printer, it was minor enough to throw a card together with it.


The scripture reads in English: "Cast thy burden upon the Lord and He will sustain thee." The couple for whom I made it is in a heartbreaking state, devastated by years-long illness and depression. I hope they will be encouraged.

No comments: