Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mini Journals




These are the smallest books I made for the craft fair; they measure slightly less than 3" square! All sizes of my journals sold well, but especially these. I started out with nine, and when I had sold most of those, a college professor stopped by, wondering if I would make more for her Sunday School class ... by the weekend. With Houghton being 45 minutes away, it would not have been worth it for me to drive them there, so I made them that night, before the second day of the craft fair. They don't take that long to make, but finding the right wallpaper pattern that would have a small enough design, and be enjoyed by a young girl or teen, took quite awhile. I didn't finish until 3:00 a.m.! (And that's why the second picture was taken in artificial light - I knew I'd never have time in the morning before I left!)

No comments: