Thursday, January 7, 2010

It is Well remake


I made an identical journal to this over two years ago for a stamp challenge. It just might be my favorite journal. A friend requested that I make one for her, and with a need for journals for the Houghton College craft fair in December, I made two. The only difference with this one here is that the background is wallpaper (I always use that now), and I had a sort of face silhouette on the "Christ hath regarded my helpless estate" oval. It was definitely a feminine face, and as I though this journal would be good for a male as well, I omitted the image on the one I made for the craft fair. My friend's journal was purple, but a shade that my camera decided was gray. :-)

I was inspired all over again by this hymn as I re-created the journal. The pictures are from the actual tragedies of the author's life: the Chicago fire in which he lost his businesses, and the ship collision that cost the lives of his daughters. If you don't know the story, google the name Horatio Spafford.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.