Saturday, August 23, 2008

Autumn!!!


I know, it's summer still ... but I'm ready to make fall cards! I made this one a few weeks ago with some Paperbag Studio stamps I borrowed from a friend. It's obviously meant to be a photo negative, but once I had this idea, I made a bunch of images this way. For some, I used this sparkle black, for others, I used a deep brown mica. This is the only card I have actually completed, though next week I hope to use the image for a few more cards. I liked the idea of the rainbow look behind the trees ... there is hope that with the dying season of fall, there will be rebirth...

This was done using heat and stick powder to emboss with, then brushing metallic powders over the stamped image.

3 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

Oh Sarah, I love this!

Diane Noble said...

Sarah, this is beautiful. The colors are so striking and with the silhouette image, it is perfect. Love it!

Michele Kovack said...

What a stunning card!!! LOVE it!