Friday, August 15, 2008

Grand theft card design!


I unashamedly cased this card from my wonderful friend Jacki at The Card Castle. She is my "coloring tutor," and if I ever really "get it," it will be because of Jacki! Her "potted plant" cards are here.

This is a very simple card for sets of six that I make for the coffee shop. All the card sets are unlayered and without embellishments. (Which is a good thing because I don't get a lot of pleasure out of duplicating cards, so making six cards with all that extra time would simply never happen, lol!)

The stamp is inked with white pigment, and colored with prismacolor pencils (thank you, Jacki!). Jacki has a tutorial for this technique on her blog.

2 comments:

Jacki Marie said...

First of all, "wonderful"? With your vocabulary, you could have come up with something a little more exciting...

Seriously, your card is splendiferous! I'm immeasurably satisfied that you were inspired by me. Sorry. I've been hanging out with someone who got a near perfect score on the S.A.Ts and I'm really tired. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Anonymous said...

That card is exquisite.