Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Challenge: Redo!

This final challenge for Papertrey's current contest is to redo a card we were dissatisfied with earlier in the contest.  This is the entry and post for that day:

This is a card for Papertrey's "Make it Monday," Kraft and Colored Pencils. I ended up getting derailed in making this today due an unexpected situation that came up, and ran out of time to finish working on it, so it is not, in fact, a finished card, but temporarily glued until I get it to the place I want, which will likely include another frame layer, and solid paisleys, rather than the detail cuts.  Actually, I suspect when I am finished there will be a number of differences.  The paisley dies and the scripture are all stamped on kraft cardstock and colored in with Prismacolors.


I spent some time on reworking this card, but am still not satisfied, so it's still not actually assembled!  One thing I wanted to do was edge the card with paisley, and this is where I am not satisfied:


So, I have eliminated the paisley "edger" for now, and redesigned the card this way:


I think a need a day or two let it just sit, and hopefully when I come back to it I'll have decided what to do!

No comments: