Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Roses! Again!

Once again, I am using the rose background for an Impression Obsession challenge, which this week is, happily for me, Fun with Flowers.  For this card, I embossed the image with clear embossing powder, then sponged black onto the leaves, and gray onto the flowers.  I was really nervous that the black ink would stain the clear embossing, so I was so relieved that it did not!  Because the background is white, I carefully outlined the flowers and leaves to make sure they were well defined.  I then ironed off the clear powder. The text is from the Greetings: Top Edgers die set.

To my chagrin, the roses, which I had not realized until I went to photograph the card, are not oriented in every direction, but there is clearly a right-side-up to this stamp, so I'm going to have to try to redo this card, sigh. I'm not sure it will survive the surgery!




2 comments:

Joan V said...

Love this card. Never would have noticed the direction of the roses. No need to redo, it's fabulous.

Vicki G said...

Love your bold graphic card! Thanks for plauing along at the IO stamps challenge!