Saturday, March 11, 2017

Photo card

This card is for the Papertrey Challenge of creating something using a photo.  I thought I would have to pass on this one, because while I have really enjoyed making photocards in the past, our current printer is really cheap, and cannot make a decent print.  But it occurred to me I could use an already printed photo.  Usually, when I create a photo card, it is a nature print, either taken by my father or my youngest daughter, Susie, and I have printed it out on linen cardstock.  Here's an example of one of my favorites, taken by my Dad in our hometown of Lake Luzerne, where the Hudson River is just a stream.


Alas, I did not have  any nature prints, on photopaper or linen cardstock.  But as I looked through a mixed up pile of photos, I spotted this one, of Susie when she was somewhere around ten years old (she's now 25).  Her middle name is Joy, and she looks so completely happy in this photo, I thought of my Joy die from Papertrey's One Liners set, and voila, a card for her dad to place on his desk at work!  I'm really pleased with this idea, and now I want to do this with photos of all my children and my granddaughter!

No comments: