Friday, November 23, 2007

A child is born


I worked at a department store for a few months before our first child was born, and I remember a lady who came up to the register with a load of Santa and infant Jesus decorations. "I just love these Baby Jesus things," she gushed. I smiled at her excitement, but as she talked, I realized that to her, "Baby Jesus" was only that; a wee babe born at Christmas. It was as if she did not connect Him to the fully human, but fully God, Savior of the world. The One Who died on a cross out of love for her, for me, for you.

I designed this card with hopes that the chosen scripture, "For unto us..." would bring the strains of Handel's Messiah to mind, remembering that the infant born in the manger was Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace...

Music background from Stubby stampers, small music image from Merry Stamper, infant (designed by Jacki at Card Castle and scripture from Biblical Impressions.

No comments: