Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Copper Buck


Hunting season is a big deal where I live. Often people from other states are thinking "city" when I say I am from NY, but here in Allegany county, we're far from the city in every way! Our town of Wellsville, with a population of 8,000, is the largest in the county! There are lovely hills, the Genesee River, and a good bit of farmland. When our children took ballet lessons in another town, we enjoyed, toward the end of winter, pulling over at a couple of different places just to enjoy seeing the cows, accustomed to being fed by truck, come charging up to us to see if we had something for them to eat!
Our house is just barely outside the town proper, and we enjoy seeing the deer here regularly. They like our decrepit and neglected apple trees!


Anyway, I did not intend to emboss with copper, it just sort of happened! I like how the buck turned out, but I was not thinking, and stamped the trees in the middle, then glued the green panel to the card without realizing the trees should have been placed higher or lower, so that I could put either an embellisment or greeting above or below. It seemed tacky to do both, and I finally just assembled it without anything.

No comments: