Thursday, December 13, 2007

wise men

Remember my odd wise men card of Tuesday's post? The scrap used for that was from trying to make this card. I could not get the wise men stamp to make a crisp, unmottled image. I was using Stazon, and I've since learned that when using Stazon, it's important to ink and stamp your image quickly, applying it firmly, but removing it from the cardstock immediately.
I wanted to make some Spanish Christmas cards last year, primarily for dear friends in Cuba. When I tried to get inspired by looking up Spanish Christmas cards on the web, I was surprised to see that Latino cards do not focus on the American/European combinations of red and green as primary colors. Instead, their Christmas cards are as vivid and multi-colored as any cards. I did not realize how much I was tied to that, even though I did venture into occasional blue or purple dominated Christmas cards!

The wise men stamp is from Eureka , and the text is computer generated, and printed on pink vellum. I used a Big& Juicy pad on glossy for the colors underneath the vellum.

No comments: