Thursday, January 10, 2008

Computerless!

We suddenly were without computer for two days, and it was so odd! I don't realize how much I use it! It's my major source of stamping support - Gingerwood stamping message board for advice, almost all my stamping related purchases, inspiration from blogs, etc. Because we don't have TV, it's my main source for news. I tend to misplace recipes, so I keep them on the computer. I had half the ingredients (the memorized ones) mixed together for something when I realized I couldn't get the rest off the computer, lol!

But I got lots of stamps organized, and soon hope to have them on my website. In fact, I hope to have a lot things on my website in the next month or so! If I can stand to, I may continue doing that for a couple of days, and then I'll be back to stamping! I just got in some cardstock to make a few more journals as well...

And just for the fun of it, I'll post the recipe I was attempting to make when I realized I had no computer to retrieve the recipe. It's a really, really delicious snack. Don't let the odd ingredient throw you! ;-) Also, I always double the recipe, use small pretzels instead of nuggets (cheaper that way) and actually throw in extra. Totally addicting.

Cranberry Bog Gorp

¼ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon curry powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1½ cups dried cranberries
1½ cups coarsely chopped walnuts
and/or slivered almonds
1½ cups lightly salted pretzel nuggets

1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Melt butter, brown sugar and maple syrup in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in curry powder and cinnamon. Add cranberries, walnuts and pretzels; stir to combine.
2. Spread mixture on greased 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake 15 minutes or until mixture is crunchy and lightly browned.

No comments: