Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Baby booties!



There is an expression "familiarity breeds contempt," and that was true for me with the bootie stamps on these cards! When I first discovered Biblical Impressions, under the former owners, they had a grab-bag special of 100 stamps for $30 or $35. Not knowing they were going to go bankrupt a year or two later, I had become a "partner" and was buying tons of stamps (and other supplies wherever I could find them on sale) with the idea of home parties where I actually had stock on hand. So, I bought three of the grab bags (a huge expense, but what a deal!!) There were full sized background stamps, really great images, and not a lot of repeats. Except, as you've guessed by now, booties. In fact, they actually had two sizes of these, and I think I wound up with about ten sets! So ... I absolutely loathed them! They were everywhere!! But finally, after several years of never using them, I took a second look and decided they were actually really cute!

The booties are embossed and colored in with chalks.

So, those of you who are stampers, I challenge you to go find that poor despised stamp you've ignored all these years and use it! :-)

No comments: