Saturday, April 4, 2009

quick masculine card


Ask people who know me how often I write letters to them, and they will give you a blank stare and ask "Sarah WHO???"


So, it is really amazing that I have actually mailed three (would have been four, but the mail carrier came early today) letters to my son at Bootcamp. I wrote the first on just a piece of lined stationery ... normally, the only people I write are our friends in the country of Cuba, when we manage to find someone going down there, and then we're trying to send as light a packet as possible for that person to transport. I realized that I didn't need to worry about that, so the next letter was a card I had on hand. Now, though, I need to be making cards ... I really want to encourage Stephen with scripture on each, and to my surprise, I'm out of scripture cards that aren't pink, flowery, or in some other way, feminine. So, this was done very fast to get out with that afternoon's mail. For bootcamp, I have to be careful of how ornate I get, so perhaps the star brads were not a wise idea. Anything that sticks out at all may be taken advantage of by an RDC (Recruit Division Commander). I've learned, for instance, that musical cards are totally bad news. (I wouldn't dream of doing that personally, but evidently one recruit's RDC made him dance before his division the entire length of the song on the card his mom sent!) We're advised not to decorate the envelope either.

No comments: