Wednesday, April 8, 2009

smARTwork challenge: Scraplings!


Whatever will they think of next? The stamping world is so much fun! Today's challenge at smARTworks was to make a scrappling. Definition from the site:

There are no hard and fast rules because the idea is to use scraps you have lying around, but scrap-lings are usually a folded card with dimensions about 1-3/4 by 4-1/4 inches. Anything goes though... just use scraps and odd and ends as much as possible in your creations...


I'm off to Bible Study, but I'll post the details later...
...it's later now ... much later! I knew I had to post before my Bible Study because the pressure of getting it done before it was time to leave would cut down tremendously on the amount of time I spent making this little thing! I am just too much of a perfectionist. I still had to talk myself out of redoing the butterflies...
All the stamps come from smARTworks Cookie Plate #1. The large fern was stamped with versafine black ... the best and blackest stamp pad out there! The smaller fern was stamped with Memories Soft Leaf. Memories ink tends to "spread" just a bit, so I love it for backgrounds. The butterflies are done with sticky emboss powder and foil flakes. Foil flakes start out as large pieces, and as it's used up, it also breaks up. I dropped a few small pieces from one bag onto the butterfly, and then brushed on what has become "foil powder" at this point. I could have done it with large flakes, but I didn't want the butterflies to be too "glitzy."
I really had fun playing around with these "scraplings." I order papers from a company that has a paper auction every few months. Along with standard size papers/cardstocks, they will also sell strips from orders they've had. They had a favorite of mine in these strips, so I purchased them. How fun to discover they are the exact size of the standard scrapling!

2 comments:

Giovana said...

Super cute!!! Love it.
God bless
Giovana

Trish D said...

Ooh, I really like this - those sparkley butterflies are gorgeous!