Friday, July 11, 2008

Letters from Grandma


I thought of my French grandmother when I saw the script on this, and the picture of the girl just seemed to go with it, so I thought of the lovely letters my Grandma would send me. We absolutely adored her, she was the ultimate grandmother ... loved to talk to us, write to us, and generally make us feel special when she or we would visit each other. She would always teach me a little bit of French, because I loved the language, and usually at least a couple of her sentences in her letters would also be in French.

The girl and script portion was done very quickly, several weeks ago, but then I got stuck. I won't embarrass myself fully by saying how much time it took to get it done, but it was ridiculous! I simply could not make it "work." In fact, I still am not happy with it, but it was either settle for it like this, or never finish it. :-) I may take a portion of it off if I can figure out how to better it. Someday. !!!! But I got another idea for this cute little girl that I will try out tomorrow ...

2 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

Your grandmother sounds wonderful and what a sweet card too.

Jacki Marie said...

I love this card. Don't change a thing. It's so delicate and sweet.