Monday, February 16, 2009

Salt challenge: Discipleship


This is my take on this week's challenge at the Salt challenge blog I decided a card to express appreciation for someone who has taken seriously the Christian's call to disciple those whom God has placed in our lives for that purpose. Some discipling is deliberate; God gives us a burden to teach or minister to a specific individual. But our goal should also be to daily model Christ, being sensitive to the Holy Spirit in all we do, knowing that at any point in time, someone may be watching how we are dealing with the various situations we are walking in. I've been very aware lately of how I fail in this, focusing on my own selfish wants. I'm doing a little inner kicking and screaming over a ministry opportunity coming up ... even as I know that it's a priveledge to be given those opportunities. I'm so glad I serve a gracious God who loves me anyway, and will enable me to embrace, not just "get through" this situation. And I'm grateful for those in my life who have given of themselves to disciple me...

1 comment:

Hazel said...

Thank you for participating in this Salt challenge and for what you have to say here. x