Friday, January 30, 2009

Salt challenge: Mercy


My favorite part of stamping is probably the cardstock & papers! The richness of colors, the variety of prints, etc, absolutely amazes me. I don't want to refer to the print on this as being "background paper," because as you see, it's the print I wanted to feature. The colors are wonderfull, and the black is actually a velour or some similar type material, it's really wonderful! I thought about ribbon, I thought about other embellishments, I thought about layering the text, but I was loath to cover any of this beautiful paper. So while the text is the focal point - I love this scripture! - I made it narrow, and refrained from adding anything else. :-)

I'd love to see more participation on the Salt challenge blog; the women there really take a devotional approach to their challenges, and it's great to have scripture and other aspects of Christian living to focus on while card making! Come visit!

2 comments:

Hazel said...

Super artwork and love your choice of verse, Sarah - thanks for once again joining in our challenge on Salt. x

artfulstampin said...

Just lovely, I think having the text smaller actually makes your eyes home in on it a bit more. Thank you for taking part!