The challenge over at smARTworks was from Giovana, for a card with real or faux stitching or ribbon. I chose faux ribbon: I meant to learn how to sew over winter break while my dd who sews taught me, but it didn't exactly happen. She started a piece of fabric for me, and I dutifully put in a couple of inches of stitching. The fabric scrap is still sitting there. :-)
I'd really been having a hard time getting card making done in the last couple of weeks, and yesterday was almost a total loss, until I posted on Gingerwood that I had "stamper's block." Their suggestions were great, and were enough to get me started last night. I hope I will remain in creative mode!
I had a couple of ribbon stamps from smARTworks, and embossed them last night with cranberry embossing powder. I tried using flocking, but that just made a mess; the stamp is too detailed, and my sticky embossing powder is dying. The shadow flower is actually green; it's hard to get light colors to show up on my camera the way they really appear. (Also, the flower is actually the same burgundy color as the stamped ribbon).
I finished the card this morning, barely on time to get ready for a family friend to come to over to work on her wedding invitations. Lots of fun, but quite a long time. :-) I was glad that she's close enough to our family not to mind all the clutter that we had to work in, lol!