Wednesday, April 16, 2008
This "card" comes from a smARTworks challenge that Trish submitted: create an interpretation of the painting (the source of it is linked on her sight). Well, I thought it would be fun to essentially recreate it as much as I could. I put "card" in quotes because I plan to disassemble it ... I can't imagine using it, and I don't want to waste the brads! (If I were going to actually use it for a card, I would have put copper eyelets instead). Great challenge, Trish! It was nice to make something just for fun tonight!
I used a texture stamp from Stampers Anonymous for the backgrounds on the top, text stamp and flowers are smARTworks. I used butterscotch adirondack ink at the top, with distress inks in tea dye and vintage photo for the top. I used vanilla Memories DTP and white craft ink for the bottom. Flowers stems in green craft inks, flowers stamped and embossed with white. (The emboss was an after thought when I saw the white craft ink was not enough. Because of the delay in scrambling for white embossing powder, a couple of the flowers are too dim).