Monday, March 24, 2008
I was having a really useless day as far as stamping is concerned. Then I had to take my daughter out of town tonight, and knew that by the time I returned home, I'd be too tired to do anything. Then I saw this challenge on All Things Stamped! Somehow, it was just what I needed. One "rule" is that the card had to be finished by midnight tonight, mountain time. Hmmm ... Could I make a card by midnight Eastern time?
I managed to do it, but then the search for the camera ... wow! My youngest dd loves to take pictures, and my oldest was trying to load something on to it to transfer it to another camera. Or something. ?? Anyway, I finally found it! After all that, the picture did not turn out well, and the tree branch looked rather odd. I actually stamped the branch again for more fullness.
Scripture, dove, and grass are all from Biblical Impressions, tree branch is from Alextamping, flower is SU.
Lesson learned: be careful about using magazines for scrap. I like to take catalogs, and use them when I spread glue on my layers so that I can glue right up to the edge. It works well, but this catalog had ink that seemed to not be completely dried, which is rather odd, as it has to be at least a few days from printing. But, perhaps the seals were applied very soon after printing, and kept the ink from perfectly drying. Anyway, there are a few smudges on the vellum. :-(