Saturday, March 15, 2008

Wedding


I have had this stamp (Biblical Impressions) for ages, but just never got around to using it. Stamps that need coloring tend to get less attention, though my friend Jacki sent me some "real" (as opposed to el cheapos from who-knows-where) pencils and a blender pencil (I didn't even know what one looked like!), and finally, finally, this week I am totally "clear" to learn how to use them! I'm not very confident, after all, I was the last kid in kindergarten (or was it seventh grade, lol?)to figure out how to color inside the lines - and I'm not kidding about that, I can remember how frustrated I was whenever we had to color. I remember having one friend who would actually color in one shade around the inside of the lines, and another to fill in the space. I didn't have a clue what that was all about ...

Anyway, I embossed the images (Biblical Impressions and Autumn leaves Swirls) in gold on micro-sparkle white cardstock, and colored in with Twinkling H20s. Not knowing much about coloring, I just penciled in a little grey along the gold outline of the dove. (If someone would like to tell me what I should have done, that would be helpful!) I layered the image and text on pink, and mounted the panel onto Arcabelano Intense yellow dark. Again, apologies for my poor camera skills. I was hoping to play around with the camera today, but our van died on Thursday, had to be towed, and the camera had been left in it. We only had the one vehicle, so we're stranded and haven't managed to retrieve everything from the van -- the engine is gone, so we won't be getting it back for awhile...

1 comment:

Sharon in NE said...

Beautiful card. Love the flourish off to the side. (Sorry about your transportation problems. Been there.)