Thursday, June 19, 2008

Humble yourselves...


I was looking for encouragement today, it's been a hard day for my daughter Karen, who was hoping for a different result from her week's stay at the hospital for diagnosis. I don't really want to get into the details, but essentially we're still searching.

Anyway, I looked at this scripture in a different light than I ever have before. "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time: casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you." 1 Peter 5:6,7. Sometimes instead of praying we are really banging on His door hollering hysterically, "Pay attention to me, God!!! Don't you see how important and urgent my needs are???!!! What are you doing about them??? It's time to act NOW!!!" No humility there, no trust, only a childish carrying on or whining. But as we remember just how much He loves us, just what He did for us on the cross that we might spend eternity together ... wow. How much more proof do we need that He is deeply involved in our issues, that He is acting on our behalf?! That is humility, and with that, the grace to wait for His timing, confident that He is Good, and He cares for us.

1 comment:

Sharon in NE said...

and during that awful wait is often times our most intimate moments with Him. The sweetest walks are often during those long waiting lulls.