Friday, June 13, 2008

Settled in

My daughter Karen is settled in at the hospital. My mom accompanied us to the hospital. It took six and a half hours to get her into her room! But it wasn't a lack of organization, there was a lot to do first, and then we had to wait for a delayed patient check-out. I am so impressed with the team of doctors. Three neurologists have just shrugged their shoulders when they could not find an immediate diagnosis, and not offered any kind of suggestions either for what else to look for, who to see, etc. But this group has been very, very interested in finding a diagnosis. When we first made an appointment, we saw two doctors, and they spent nearly two hours with us. At the hospital, we had two more extensive interviews with different doctors (from the same group.) I was impressed they each wanted to hear from Karen's (and my) lips what the symptoms were. So, we are very hopeful. She will be there four days to two weeks.

I'll be posting some cards later today...

1 comment:

Jacki Marie said...

praying for Karen...