Saturday, June 28, 2008

Maybe not!


I was trying to put the "finishing touches" on this card before I glued everything down when I realized that it just was not going to work. The dark blue was not right. I had sensed it in the back of my mind earlier, but I liked how it looked and did not want to change it! Did you get the same idea I did when looking at it? My family agreed with me that with the dark blue surrounding it, the card looks rather rather funereal. It's one thing to make a sympathy card, but in this context, the image is a bit too intense; the "dearest" sounds like an agonizing cry from the heart. What do you think? I'm going to try to re-make it today...

4 comments:

Donna C. said...

I agree that you need to either go black, white, distressed and kind of retro OR pastel and baby like.
Love your blog!!

Trish D said...

Yeah, I'd have to agree that the blue is overly somber. I really like the torn paper layers, though!

Sharon in NE said...

I had to think on this for a few days, and was imaging what an antique taupe or soft neutral background would do. I guess that's basically what you and everyone else said, so in essence, the light bulb clicked on for me. :D

Diane Noble said...

Love this card and the collage look of it and several of your previous designs. They are all beautiful. I need to experiment more with collage. I love the feel of it, but just don't remember to play with it. TFS all your art work.